This is Morgrie's upcoming Samurai Soul 65% board, which will be a 20 unit pre-order that will go live late this month or very early March. This will be FCFS through our website, expected lead time is 3 months from end of pre-order to shipping out to customers.
This pre-order will be priced at $429 and will come completely assembled; the parts included are the aluminum case, plate, PCB and stabilizers (yes stabilizers are included and will be Morgrie's PCB-mount screw in stabilizers). This keyboard is also wireless, with detailed specs below. Can be used in wireless or wired mode, can also plug in at any time for wired mode.
Reddit IC | Geekhack IC | Imgur Album | Google IC Form
Samurai Soul Specs
- Wireless mechanical keyboard, comes with 2.4Ghz USB dongle
- Internal 4000mah battery, rated for 15 days of use with no RGB, estimated 40+ hours with RGB assuming 50% brightness and heavy use. Results may vary due to brightness levels, lighting effects and usage
- Anodized 6063 aluminum case, matte finish
- Gasket mounted, 65% layout
- Hotswap PCB, no solder PCB being offered currently
- Morgrie PCB-mounted, screw-in stabilizers (pre-lubed by hand with Krytox 205g0 prior to installation)
- Three colors: silver, black and green
- 3.5 degree typing angle
- Dual USB-C ports, on one each side to accommodate any desk setups
- Custom software to control the RGB lighting effects and key mapping
The Samurai Soul is aimed to be a higher end option for beginner's or people newer to the hobby, it has a curved and striking design that is quite unique. The board comes fully assembled, including the stabilizers and you can add switches/keycaps without disassembly.
The board is still customizable, can be easily taken apart to tune parts or make further modifications. Internal battery can be removed completely if wireless isn't desirable and used in wired mode without any issues.